I’m in final preparations mode for my opening keynote and then 2 more days of hands-on workshops for the Tennessee e-Learning Summer Institute which is being co-hosted by the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) and the University of Memphis.
- WHAT: TBR eLearning Summer Institute: Web 2.0 Applications for Teaching and Learning Online.
- WHEN: June 25-27, 2008
- WHERE: University of Memphis FedEx Center
- WHO: open to all TBR faculty and staff members.
- TAG: TBR08 (Twitter hashtag: #TBR08)
Over the course of the three days (2.5 actually) there will be three keynotes and at least 21 breakout sessions which I believe will all be hands-on. My keynote on Wednesday morning will be followed by Clarence Maise, Instructional Designer, University of Missouri St. Louis on Thursday morning and then by Michael Grant of the University of Memphis on Friday morning.
I will be working with the attendees on the following breakout sessions:
- Digital photos and editing tools
- Zoho collaborative tools: Writer, Sheet, Show, and Creator
- Zoho Notebook
- Google Notebook and iGoogle
- UStream.tv and other live broadcast tools
- SlideShare, Slide.com, and other SlideShow tools
- Cartoons and Comic Strips
I took the liberty of creating the word cloud at the top of the post as a way of highlighting many of the features of the Summer Institute, not the least of which I’m expecting will include some Blues and BBQ!! Word cloud created at Wordle.net (it’s a little too much fun).